Sunday 17 November 2013

Our School Trip to Fleet Pond by Andrew (Squirrel Class)

We went on a coach to Fleet pond. We walked through the thick mud. I jumped in the mud. We looked at the reed beds. Me and my group looked at the swans and the ducks.  One swan was flying up in the air and landed in the pond. It looked like he was ice skating on the pond, because he came down and put his feet on the water and skidded without his legs going under the water.
We walked until we came to Sandy Bay where there was lots of sand. I put my foot in a puddle and my wellie boot fell off!
I got back on the coach and we drove back to my school.  It was a very good school trip. I wish I could go again.

3 comments:

  1. I had fun too Andrew. The swan was fantastic and elegant. Prehaps you could visit again one weekend with your family. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fleet Pond and your story made me want to go back very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your account, Andrew. I thought it was very accurate. I think I shall remember the mud for ever, especially as we brought back such a lot of it with us, mostly on the boys’ trousers. I didn’t know you nearly lost your wellie in the quicksand! I hope you marked Sandy Bay as being dangerous on your map! Maybe you could put a skull and crossbones to warn people?
    Thank you for your entry

    ReplyDelete